Apple Patents Confusing iPod, Controls on Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
if there are controls on both sides that are meant to be used simultaneously, this will be too complicated - especially for your typical apple user, and will fail

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
INNOVATIVE!!!!!

Didn't Microsoft say they were working on a similar touch device for windows mobile? Can't remember if I read it here or on /. This may just be a preemptive patent to squish competing devices.

d70guy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
Its for a transparent display. The controls are permanently mounted under the display, not on the back of the uunit. That is my guess

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Introducing the iAlphabet: the newest innovation from Apple!
We interviewed Steve Jobs for the inside scoop:
TH: Steve, what is the real draw to the iAlphabet?
SJ: Well, you see, we here at Apple HQ decided that the letter "D" was not useful in today's modern keyboard. It was so old fashioned. So, one of my executives said, "Hey, Steve! Why not put in two V's instead of one?" And I just thought, Well, why not? The more the merrier!
TH: So, how are you planning to implement the new iAlphabet?
SJ: Well, here is where our marketing plan gets really interesting. We already have iKeyboards in production that will utilize the iAlphabet. Also, the new generations of iPods will use a variation of the iAlphabet, where we were able to capitalize on space by taking out the letters R,S,T,L,N, and E. We are really excited about the entire line.
TH: How has the reception been with consumers?
SJ: It has been fantastic! All products with iAlphabet implementation have already been backordered, and we haven't even posted a "Buy Now" option anywhere!
TH: Thanks for the interview, Steve.
SJ: It was your pleasure.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
.Introvucing the iAlphabet: the newest innovation from Apple!
We interviewev Steve Jobs for the insive scoop:
TH: Steve, what is the real vraw to the iAlphabet?
SJ: Well, you see, we here at Apple HQ vecivev that the letter "v" was not useful in tovay's movern keyboarv. It was so olv fashionev. So, one of my executives saiv, "Hey, Steve! Why not put in two V's insteav of one?" Anv I just thought, Well, why not? The more the merrier!
TH: So, how are you planning to implement the new iAlphabet?
SJ: Well, here is where our marketing plan gets really interesting. We alreavy have iKeyboarvs in provuction that will utilize the iAlphabet. Also, the new generations of iPovs will use a variation of the iAlphabet, where we were able to capitalize on space by taking out the letters R,S,T,L,N, anv E. We are really excitev about the entire line.
TH: How has the reception been with consumers?
SJ: It has been fantastic! All provucts with iAlphabet implementation have alreavy been backorverev, anv we haven't even postev a "Buy Now" option anywhere!
TH: Thanks for the interview, Steve.
SJ: It was your pleasure.

Fix'd

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom].Introvucing the iAlphabet: the newest innovation from Apple!We interviewev Steve Jobs for the insive scoop:TH: Steve, what is the real vraw to the iAlphabet?SJ: Well, you see, we here at Apple HQ vecivev that the letter "v" was not useful in tovay's movern keyboarv. It was so olv fashionev. So, one of my executives saiv, "Hey, Steve! Why not put in two V's insteav of one?" Anv I just thought, Well, why not? The more the merrier!TH: So, how are you planning to implement the new iAlphabet?SJ: Well, here is where our marketing plan gets really interesting. We alreavy have iKeyboarvs in provuction that will utilize the iAlphabet. Also, the new generations of iPovs will use a variation of the iAlphabet, where we were able to capitalize on space by taking out the letters R,S,T,L,N, anv E. We are really excitev about the entire line.TH: How has the reception been with consumers?SJ: It has been fantastic! All provucts with iAlphabet implementation have alreavy been backorverev, anv we haven't even postev a "Buy Now" option anywhere!TH: Thanks for the interview, Steve.SJ: It was your pleasure.Fix'd[/citation]
The scary part about this "interview" is that after a while you automatically replace all the v's with d's and can read it somewhat normally

Gotta love the learning and association capabilities of our brains

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
And they want that on a NANO, one of their smallest devices to support a ABCVE touch keyboard.
1. Go back to pre-school.
2. Its so freakin' small to type anything on it would be a total turn off.
Apple, just shame on u.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]No it's ABCVEF[/citation]

apples next step in world vomination - replace D with V - its obdioous with there keyvoard image visplayev - hell edery one shoulv join the trenv

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Greg_77[/nom]Great, Apples trying to "reinvent" the Alphabet. Newspeak anyone?[/citation]

It's double-bad plus :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS