Apple Protects 'Apple' In 42 International Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So it looks like it will still be possible to be smoking an iCigar after shooting an iCedar Wooden Shed with a large amount of iBullets out of an iGun.

Anyways, this is Apple. What did you expect?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Well, I'll more than gladly give them credit where it's due - they're doing one helluva good job of being a profitable company. Well done, Apple... I, for one, congratulate your success, unlike most typical ignorant apple haters out there. :D

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Yes. Because owning the word "Apple" with regard to business is ruling the world. o_O

Regardless, I do think this is stupid. However, I'm not a CEO or a corporate wizard, so what could I possibly know about the potential gains/losses doing, or not doing, this would have?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i think for every single apple article toms puts up, we should have an equivalent for every other tech company that makes smart phones

anyone agree? this is getting ridiculous. where the hell is my 5 reasons i should/should not get a xoom?

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Apple thrives on brand loyalty (people who like Apple really seem to love it). They probably figure they can get their customers to buy anything.

Regardless, as they get less innovative, they should really focus on a quality product. Such as the Macbook Pro's or mini-macs.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
How the heck does a company called "Apple" end up with a trademark in the food category? I believe there's prior art of a food product being called "Apple".

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i think for every single apple article toms puts up, we should have an equivalent for every other tech company that makes smart phonesanyone agree? this is getting ridiculous. where the hell is my 5 reasons i should/should not get a xoom?[/citation]

Since you've asked many times here you go (reasons not to buy):

Reason #1: Do you REALLY want to be the guinea pig? Apparently it's already crippled out of the box (you'll need to send it in for the 4G upgrade - and flash will come later)

Reason #2: Lack of Apps..How many apps are there really for the Android tablets? Let the market stabilize and then make your decision based on facts, not emotions.

I don't have many more reasons why you shouldn't buy it, but I also have no reasons why you should.

dkant1n

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
I can understand almost all categories except for pharmaceuticals.
Jewelry there are some luxury iPhone, MacBooks etc with lots of diamonds and stuff so perhaps to cover that they asked for jewelry too

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i'm so sick of hearing about this company of pissants , seriously soon they wil try to declare that every one rename apples becasue they use the word for thier company. oh and don't forget you will get a fine for saying "comparing apples and oranges"

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
In the UK at least, anyone trying to use similar trade marks / names to pass-off their goods as being Apple's would have been prevented from doing so without explicit registration (as far as I'm aware).

Is there a "not" missing in the article
The only classes in which Apple does want its trademark to be protected is in
?

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I don't usually complain about it but I think the grammar in this article is quite poor....am I the only one that had a hard time reading it?

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i think for every single apple article toms puts up, we should have an equivalent for every other tech company that makes smart phonesanyone agree? this is getting ridiculous. where the hell is my 5 reasons i should/should not get a xoom?[/citation]
There's only one reason, it's 800 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.