Apple Recruiting Ex-Google Maps Workers to Fix iOS 6 Maps

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
... and this is why companies should NOT use contractors to develop core intellectual property. Too many software companies used contractors just to save a few bucks.

Not all ex-employees are fired or are the low quality ones.

Apple screwed up their maps but Google's mistake of using contractors (instead of hiring full-time) gives Apple an easier road out of their mess.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]Just curious... No Apple Fanboi defending here?[/citation]

Generally the iPhone customers are the first to complain if anything goes wrong - they're quite honest when there are real flaws with the product.

law shay

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
[citation][nom]spat55[/nom]Yh I see where you are coming from, if it where me and I was google, I would give a group of employees £100,000 ($165,000) each to go and work with Apple, along with whatever Apple give them to sabotage the Apple maps stuff. This would help Android even more. Things are looking bad for Apple now that Jobs has gone, and like some other guy said on here yesterday, he isn't coming back to save them again.[/citation]

Thumbed up but corporate espionage is ILLEGAL !!!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]law shay[/nom]Thumbed up but corporate espionage is ILLEGAL !!![/citation]

I think that would be more corporate sabotage; not that this would be legal of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.