Apple Special Event on June 6; iPhone 5 Delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DazzaJersey

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I really hope they stick to their current release pattern. My 3GS is dodgy (Randomly says "This accessory is not supported" when there's nothing plugged in) and really needs replacing and i'm holding out buying an iPhone 4 when the 5 is hopefully around the corner.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Tom's - here's an idea, suggested many times before but obviously ignored or not able to be implemented due to poor technical knowledge.

How about if the submitted post contains the phrase:-

free shipping
competitive price
any size available
accept the paypal

Then just auto-block it, it is not that difficult, allowing it to continue the way it has for so long is just massively embarrassing and undermines confidence in the site.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Perhaps TomsHardware needs to high techinical experts in the field of computers to (A) stop these posts and (B) What happened to the REPORT THIS POST button?

Are these ads supported by Tom?

Wow... upset the users who may stop showing up to get more eyeballs on ads.

G

@DazzaJersey,

I could not agree more! To get a subsidized price for the iPhone we have to be locked into a 24 month contract, yet they release newer iPhones. I'm not against the new upgrades, but make them on time and public. I had a iPhone 3G and I finally came off contract in Feb, its ridiculous. I don't want an iPhone 4, I want an iPhone 5. If Apple changes the iPhone 5 release date they're risking the loss of all the people who initially bought iPhone 3G/3GS and thereafter when their contract is up. Why get a 3G iPhone when there's dual-core LTE phones rolling out...Apple needs to get their crap together or they'll be left behind. Android is being boasted around everywhere, Apple needs a new iPhone, by June.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Belardo, I agree! What has happened to the 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' option, too. Has it been disabled permenantly, or is there some kind of bug? Either way it's been going on for sometime with no resolution, which is very odd for such a tech-centered website as Toms.

If disabled please get rid of the feature (I hope this is not the case because as Belardo said, Toms can't seem to block these spam posts by itself) or please re-enable the feature!

xambron

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]Belardo, I agree! What has happened to the 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' option, too. Has it been disabled permenantly, or is there some kind of bug?[/citation]
The 'thumbs up', 'thumbs down', and 'report' button are all there for me. Apple is a cash cow, I dislike their products.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
They are there for me too, but they do absolutely nothing. They used to force a post to be hidden after 5 or 10 'thumbs down' were selected. Toms, what's going on?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]They are there for me too, but they do absolutely nothing. They used to force a post to be hidden after 5 or 10 'thumbs down' were selected. Toms, what's going on?[/citation]

I just thumbed you down without a problem. Are you using ie6?

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]They are there for me too, but they do absolutely nothing. They used to force a post to be hidden after 5 or 10 'thumbs down' were selected. Toms, what's going on?[/citation]
I've been told that our technical team in France is aware of this issue is working on it. That's all the information that we have on the North America side.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I hate my iPhone 3GS with a passion. Was great when it was new, but with every update this damn thing seems to get slower. What is up with that Apple. I bought your awesome product, but you bring me garbage updates? I thought you guys were at the forefront of technology and that your OS and iOS are extremely superior? Was i told lies by some schmuck at the apple store? Probably.

Never again.

Very unsatisfied apple customer.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]I hate my iPhone 3GS with a passion. Was great when it was new, but with every update this damn thing seems to get slower. What is up with that Apple. I bought your awesome product, but you bring me garbage updates? I thought you guys were at the forefront of technology and that your OS and iOS are extremely superior? Was i told lies by some schmuck at the apple store? Probably.Never again.Very unsatisfied apple customer.[/citation]

Bwhahaha you believes a minimum wage schmuck at the applez storez warez!!

G

I had that (Randomly says "This accessory is not supported" when there's nothing plugged in) error message showing on my iPhone 3G...turned out to be Playdoh on the connectors thanks to my 2 year old son.....

Apple need to warn people that Playdoh is not supported. I want a refund! (or a free upgrade)

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]I just thumbed you down without a problem. Are you using ie6?[/citation]
go to refresh. see what happens to your thumbs.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Apple will introduce the future of OSX on June 6. The presentation will consist of:
- announcing that OSX will smooth fonts now, which will be counted as 3 features.
- stir up excitement for smoother fonts; this will be counted for an additional 2 features.
- charge $30 for this ability and 99 other minor tweaks and call it an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.