Apple Suing Samsung Over Galaxy Products

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The keyboard for my desktop uses rows of squares with rounded corners. Is Apple claiming they have a patent to a style that was introduced with the first electronic type writers???

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]chfireball[/nom]Looking at this article http://venturebeat.com/2011/04/18/ [...] y-line-up/it looks allot like a iphone clone.[/citation]
Except its nowhere close to the iphone. I guess apple should sue all the off-brand chinese manufacturers for making mimick iphones huh? How does this company affect apple's sales at all? I obviously wouldn't consider buying that phone over an iphone, so why must they try to drive other companies into the ground with their silly ass copyrights? this is ridiculous. im copyrighting life, nobody else is allowed to live now. cya dudes.

G

why hasn't Gene Roddenberry family and Paramount sue apple for copping the data pad form the star treck series

nukemaster

Distinguished
This is great coming from a company that copied creative back in the day.
Patented the Wiimote after Nintendo did, real original ideas Apple.
Multi touch, did the invent it? Nope, make it more commercial ,yes. Does this mean they own it?

Maybe Apple should start to make there own names.

ipod - they bought the name back in the day, steve did not even think of it.
ipad - figitsu
iphone - cisco linksys

Hope this is tossed, but its Apple so they can not loose.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I have a Galaxy Phone and it is 100% not an iPhone. Touchwiz sucks, but it's definitely a Samsung creation. The application menu is is a little iOSish, but the similarity end there. Does the iPhone have a AMOLED screen? No, it has a "retna" display. iPhone has a physical home button, GalaxyS does not.

It's gotten to the point that I think Apple will soon sue anyone who makes any type of display of computation device.

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
The morons at Apple forgot the most important thing.... Samsung products are running a superior OS that Sh*ts all over apple without locking customers into proprietary formats!

Samsung should just deliberately "slowdown" shipments of parts to Apple... Now that would be hilarious!

A for Apple... = A for Arrogance

timmybazza

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
raaaaaaaaaaaawr spam is so goddamn annoying. Annoys me almost as much as apple tossers who think they can do whatever the hell they want because idiots that think owning an iPieceOfShit will make them cool and so they keep buying apple products. Its the whole stigma associated with apple products being 'cool and innovative' when they are just overpriced pieces of shiny junk that attract the lowest common denominator, which is most of the world...

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
There's a difference between stealing another's idea and there being only one (or of very few) really good way of doing something so I have to lol at this. I think it's a case of "duh" because in this particular case there's really only one smart way to go about it.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Well that is just bad form. Samsung holds thousands patents second only to IBM. I suppose now they go dig everything up and start counter suits like crazy. I suspect Apple will not like the recourse.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
WoW, just amazing Apple. Continue to throw your reputation down the sh#$$er and make yourselves look bad. How's your messiah portrayed now? LOL! Apple sux and their latest video cards are out of date. Yes I really want to spend 1800+ on a Nvidia GT 335 or 5750 radeon LOL!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
It seems apple is running scared of the progress of the competition and are trying to block it in what ever ways they can! Samsung has the hardware knowledge to literary pwn apple and now they use a good "os" for that hardware, its a good reason to be scared!

I think apple will fail just as they did in the windows vs mac era. The phone era seem to develop in the same ways the computer era did with no lessons learned - Just the same arrogance!

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
----The lawsuit is surprising given that Samsung is a major supplier of components in a number of Apple's iOS products and Apple TV devices---- LOL what are thinking in Apple ??.. O wait !! do they think ?.. I clearly see and read they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS