Apple to Start iPad Pre-Orders This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurrball

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I suspect there will be a decline in Kool-Aid sales for about 20 minutes after the pre-orders are available, while the Apple fanboys are preoccupied with pre-ordering their iPads.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I was gonna go ipad, however no flash? no multitasking?, I have an iphone and an ipod touch, why bother.

The HP Slate however has my complete interest.

http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-ipad-vs-hp-slate-where-do-you-stand-in-this-mac-vs-pc-war-9140405/

worst 3

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
for 130$ more then the top of the line i pad you can get a lenovo hybrid with a real computer and 1 16gb ssd and 1 128ssd. I think i will go with the lenovo hybrid.

G

Can't wait to get mine. Not a fan-boy at all but love the idea of a giant iTouch.
It would be nice if it did a few extra things, but bashers just pointing out the negative are being short-sited. There's nothing else out there with this form-factor and huge base of applications providing such a flexible and adaptable platform.
I see it as a great coffee-table device as well as for traveling.

enderwiggen

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]I was gonna go ipad, however no flash? no multitasking?, I have an iphone and an ipod touch, why bother.The HP Slate however has my complete interest.http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-ip [...] r-9140405/[/citation]

Do you use both at the same time for multitasking?

G

Every lover or fan-boy wanna be always says coffee table device. Who has a coffee table these days? We got rid of ours a while back, took up too much space.

G

Most iPod touch and iPhone users can't wait to have a bigger screen for their apps.

Everyone else can't understand unless they decide to buy an iPod touch or iPhone.

Ha ha ha...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Title should have been:"Idiots to give more money to Steve Jobs this week"[/citation]

but that would hardly be news, would it.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
i could possibly rant on for an entire page on why apples products in general are possibly the stupidest things on the market today but im not in the mood and the ipad will probably be bought by ignorant fanboys who dont care about the value of their dollar but only care that its shiny brushed metal with an apple logo and would gladly pay for something that you can get at best buy for 400 dollars less ad more features. thats all apples products are. cheap electronics that they brand to ignorant "teens of today" who are too stupid to realize they are wasting their money.

abelpc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
getting the first generation of any Apple product is FOLLY... but Steve Job's has a whole Box of iTools that will buy the iPad and will wait inline to be the "First".... Regret is not covered by Warranty BTW.

donovant

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
I see there are a lot of apple haters on here today, I like their laptops and desktops, they may be over priced but they hold their value as well, lets see a dell or acer still command 60% of its value in 4 years time, I also like pc's as well and have 2 dell desktops that I use. I dont concider myself an idiot for buying an apple device, my Macbook runs stable fast and looks great, my desktops run fine as well but windows does take a lot more to maintain and is no where near as stable as mac os, all that said I wont be getting an Ipad despite how good they look, I like to choose who I get my software from and not have it dictated to me by anyone including Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.