Apple: What You’re Missing Without an iPhone

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]ms767210[/nom]Well I have compared my galaxy s with an iphone and even though comparisons rate the screen brighter on the iphone it looks shit compared to the galaxy. The colour is much richer.As for microsoft going extinct with an open business model, poppycock! They just didn't get the idea quick enough about the net and along came google and took over. Maybe if your an idiot that can't use your phone properly you'd prefer to have a smaller set of features then by all means get the iwank. Ms deal with nokia is good idea but once again they worked it out too late.Google ftw.[/citation]
Well I have compared few different android phones to the iPhone 4, HTC Incredible, GalaxyS and DroidX and I can say that iPhone 4 has a much better screen, and better performing OS.
All the Android phones I've tried stutter from time to time, when I switch through screens, and when I launch apps.
Now you might've gotten use to that if you haven't used anything better, but I rather prefer having a responsive OS and great battery life.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]1. I had an ipod a long time ago, so the phone doesn't need to provide that function. 2. iTunes is the biggest P.O.S. software I've ever used. If I had known how bad it was before I bought my ipod I would have bought a Zune instead. [/citation]

Uh... ZUNE is dead. Very very dead.

Agreed on itunes. When I installed it (had to) for my iPad - I disabled all the auto-crap.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The new ADs about the iPhone... well, they suck.

The quality of APs on iPhone are typically better than the Android versions - mostly because iPhone apps are rarely free compared to Android. Hence you have companies who make money off iPhones while their APPs are free on Android.

G

foff stupid apple fanboys I prefer punching actual buttons rather than those stupid touch screens. I don't need all that smart phone crap on a phone all I need is a phone. So I don't miss jack.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Rboy[/nom]foff stupid apple fanboys I prefer punching actual buttons rather than those stupid touch screens. I don't need all that smart phone crap on a phone all I need is a phone. So I don't miss jack.[/citation]
Yes I would agree with you, although you could have extended your comment to the Assdroids as well... Lately I can not read a news article without some numbnut to come over and troll all over the news about his precious phone. It's a freakin phone for gods sake! Get a life!

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What i'm not missing:
- Alarm not working
- Wrong time on my phone for days with no immediate resolution
- Websites not loading with flash
- No replaceable battery for the phone
- proprietary hardware so you pay more to do the same thing compared to any other phone (50 dollar for a cable to charge your phone vs a 7 dollar cable for an android phone with a micro usb slot.)

I can go on if you want ...

G

If I Dont have an iPhone, I can go to the android market and download free apps without having to enter a credit card. I only use free apps!!

I can connect to my pc and drop mp3s directly into my expandable SD card or even swap it if I need to!

I can use an mp3 as a ringtone directly on the phone

My phone doesn't shatter if I drop it too hard on a hard surface

I can use it as a wi fi hot spot

Thats all I can think of now because I am busy using and enjoying it

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Literate_Truckie[/nom]If I Dont have an iPhone, I can go to the android market and download free apps without having to enter a credit card. I only use free apps!!I can connect to my pc and drop mp3s directly into my expandable SD card or even swap it if I need to!I can use an mp3 as a ringtone directly on the phoneMy phone doesn't shatter if I drop it too hard on a hard surfaceI can use it as a wi fi hot spotThats all I can think of now because I am busy using and enjoying it[/citation]

I can do exactly the same thing with an iPhone or iPod touch except for the SD card, because I iPod touch already has plenty of Memory, so I dont have to full around with sd cards.
Also my apps dont crash and dont perform like ass and the battery life is double than the one on your phone, but to each its own... I am glad you like your phone. Enjoy it!

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]I can do exactly the same thing with an iPhone or iPod touch except for the SD card, because I iPod touch already has plenty of Memory, so I dont have to full around with sd cards.Also my apps dont crash and dont perform like ass and the battery life is double than the one on your phone, but to each its own... I am glad you like your phone. Enjoy it![/citation]
You mean you can get an iPhone app for free? Isn't that what they call "PIRACY"? :p

What an honest, yet narrow minded PIRATE Apple fanboy :lol:

BTW, it's "fool around" if you're interested in revising your grammar.

How'd you like my counter-sarcasm?

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]And who's at fault for Iphone's walled it OS? You moron, when you pirate software, music you are pushing developers towards walled it environments. You know, those people that work their asses off to make applications, to create music, art, books. All those people have families to feed and take care off. So screw you and your 'freedom'.[/citation]

So the people who made all the free apps out there didn't work their asses off and are not important?

yannickhk

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]MS is loosing some serious ground here, and by next year Apple will overtake MS. MS may be at 90% and it is the lowest it has ever been and predictions are for it to continue falling. Apple has passed MS in Market Cap and if you look at the numbers MS has more debt to assets than Apple (has 0). Once the business sector starts upgrading their antiquated XP hardware is when you will see the big changes. Already the medical industry is ramping up the use of iPad's as are some in the financial sector. Calling Apple users "sheep" is like the "kettle calling the pot black." The majority of American consumers are slaves to mass marketing, and there are some sectors in the market place that are far more fanatical than Apple users.[/citation]

Oh boy, am I glad that you're not working for me. Where the hell did you learn to read a balance sheet?? Check your facts before opening your incredibly stupid mouth (yeah, I had to say it)

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/FinancialIndustrial.jsp?tkr=aapl&period=qtr

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=MSFT

MS has barely more current liabilities (short term debts) than APPL and a lot more assets. And your projections are just laughable. Apple can't even keep up with the production of the iPad ... Let's not mention the hit their stock will get when Jobs won't be around. It is a very solid company, but let's not compare it with a monster like MS. Sure the assets are huge on both sides but let's not forget that MS doesn't manufacture anything, it should therefore be a Lilliput compared to APPL. MS hasn't lost an inch in the PC market, nor will it ever or at least, not to apple. Now, with Google, they sure should be worried at MS :)

It's funny, because we talked about the future of the iPad in a meeting a few days ago. Our chief analyst who is really a brilliant guy expects the iPad future to be another 'the iPhone scenario'. A lot of new products will see the day with android and the market will be overwhelmed by it. Just like the smartphone market has been taken over by Google (or more specifically google and a bunch of manufacturers). Conclusion: it won't be the mother of all profit that you make it out to be.

I do own an iphone btw and Iove it. It does the job which I require it to do. An android phone might have been better but I couldn't find a good one in HK a few months ago so ...

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
[citation]And who's at fault for Iphone's walled it OS? You moron, when you pirate software, music you are pushing developers towards walled it environments. You know, those people that work their asses off to make applications, to create music, art, books. All those people have families to feed and take care off. So screw you and your 'freedom'.[/citation]

Ahhh, no, its because Apple as a business decided to restrict its hardware/software platforms. This has been Apples business model since the 80's long before you could pirate music or movies. Also, if your argument made sense then Apple would not have removed DRM from their music they would have added more.

Status
Not open for further replies.