Apple Wins Limited Injunction Against Motorola In Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Man they shouldnt let apple do anything but sell and make.

Suing like this will just start a retard war, in the end the customer gets bent over for more cash and a crappy version of what should have been an awesome device because some company couldnt handle competition so they sued. >.>

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Dear world.

Please fix your law systems and stop the obvious anti-competitive nature of Apple who DID NOT INVENT a lot of the things they have patented which in itself should be against the law.

Dialing numbers from E-Mails has been available since 2003 and maybe even before, Apple didn't even make phones back then.

Unlock screens have also been around since at least 2004+ (My first smart phone, HP iPAQ) so that's no excuse for Apple. Courts should not allow that either..

Sincerely,
Everyone against Apple's anti-competitive nature.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
For the record, Apple has (along with Microsoft as mentioned) also confirmed that they will not seek injunctions over FRAND patents.

Google is the only major player who has not yet committed to not abusing FRAND patents.

The 'Slide to unlock', while questionable, is at least nothing to do with FRAND so I believe the article shouldn't confuse the two.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
The patent system needs a major overhaul. The sooner the better. If any of these companies can prove that they had an idea that was *not* based on any prior ideas, then let them go ahead and patent. But the biggest patent troll right now is Apple, a company whose figurehead was known for saying that he promoted "shameless theft of ideas". It's time to put some sense back into the IP realm.

reallers

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Google is the only major player who has not yet committed to not abusing FRAND patents.
g.gif

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]For the record, Apple has (along with Microsoft as mentioned) also confirmed that they will not seek injunctions over FRAND patents.Google is the only major player who has not yet committed to not abusing FRAND patents.The 'Slide to unlock', while questionable, is at least nothing to do with FRAND so I believe the article shouldn't confuse the two.[/citation]
The problem is that Apple didn't invented slide to unlocked, it existed long before the iPhone.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Anyone remember the movie "Judge Dredd" with Sylvester Stallone ?

The fast food wars was won by Taco Bell, thus making all restaurants Taco Bells.

Is this the beginning of the technology wars where all the tech companies become one big company ?

The future is not gonna be bright if all we have is Taco Bell and Apple.

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
That was Demolition man and in non US DVD/BluRay they replaced (dubbed and digitally altered logos)Taco Bell with Pizza hut.

Wonder if Apple has a patent on using sea shells instead of toilet paper?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]Anyone remember the movie "Judge Dredd" with Sylvester Stallone ?The fast food wars was won by Taco Bell, thus making all restaurants Taco Bells.Is this the beginning of the technology wars where all the tech companies become one big company ?The future is not gonna be bright if all we have is Taco Bell and Apple.[/citation]
*cough*demolition man*cough*

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]Anyone remember the movie "Judge Dredd" with Sylvester Stallone ?The fast food wars was won by Taco Bell, thus making all restaurants Taco Bells.Is this the beginning of the technology wars where all the tech companies become one big company ?The future is not gonna be bright if all we have is Taco Bell and Apple.[/citation]

Big difference between restaurants and tech, and I personally never thought that bunk in Judge Dredd was anywhere NEAR reasonable to expect in the future.

One restaurant? Hell no!

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
FFS - someone slap apple! You need patents because it protects the "little guy" with an idea but not now-days.

Now if you have teams of lawyers it doesn't make a difference because they just find loop holes all over the place and sue you - ridiculous and childish Apple

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The problem is that Apple didn't invented slide to unlocked, it existed long before the iPhone.[/citation]

a) The patent was granted, so obviously the patent office disagrees with you.
b) The patent is NOT for 'slide to unlock' - it's a specific patent for slide to unlock which includes a visual feedback on the contact point - which the Neonode N1M didn't have.
c) If you're right then the court will find the patent to be invalid.
d) It's still an argument over a normal patent, which is far better than over FRAND patents.
e) I even wrote 'while questionable' in my own post.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]a) The patent was granted, so obviously the patent office disagrees with you.b) The patent is NOT for 'slide to unlock' - it's a specific patent for slide to unlock which includes a visual feedback on the contact point - which the Neonode N1M didn't have.c) If you're right then the court will find the patent to be invalid.d) It's still an argument over a normal patent, which is far better than over FRAND patents.e) I even wrote 'while questionable' in my own post.[/citation]
a) since when does the patent office knows anything about tech. Tons of people are already stated the ludicrous state of patents.
b, c) Apple already lost a case where this patent was deemed invalid. The Judge stated that the patent was not inventive and the patent had already been implemented by the N1m, and that the animation was not enough for Apple to be entitled to that patent. We'll have to wait for the end of this court to find out.
d) Slide to unlock is basically the standard way almost all smartphones unlock, so that patent should be a FRAND patent.

Status
Not open for further replies.