Apple WWDC 2015 Preview: 5 Things to Expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
ROFL @ 30-40 for what neftlix gives and they have content x100 (as in TONS of shows, movies added constantly etc) and $9-12/mo. If apples price is anywhere near true, that kind of price is exactly why I left cabletv...LOL. Of course it was worse ($60+) but nothing currently has a chance against netflix for me. I'd gladly pay $15 for even more content being made by themselves. Competing shows drives down the price of other stuff netflix bids on. Once they make enough of their own stuff, the rest becomes much less meaningful to their users and allows a cheaper price when negotiating with other networks for their shows (don't need you as much when netflix has a few dozen hits of their own at some point).

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Will wait and see. The new Apple TV device should have a nice hardware update and perhaps even gesture control. Also hopefully service prices are around $20-$30 and at least there will be no stupid monthly box rental fees jsut the initial box cost and I doubt Apple TV will include a DVR. So again waiting for official reveal then cheer or moan.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Thank you for that ground-breaking comment. We would've never survived without it.
Sir. That comment is now a trademark of Apple's new iYawn. It will revolutionize the way people display their disinterest in a product.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
xDDD

Yawn.... What's for WorldWide Developers' Conference 2015? Some OS with an even uglier UI that will revolutionize the way OSes look, which means even more abstract, less 3D, and CGA-compatible?

ajpaolello

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
It takes a big man to post a hate comment. It takes a bigger man to keep his mouth shut and not waste his time posting a hate comment. I see more the former thanm the latter.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
So glad that I won an Air 2 as, knowing Apple, someone's not going to get an update to IOS 9! Only another few years to go before I have to sell the Air 2. Phew. Keep up the great work Apple. /s

Cdubb132

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Most of the time I don't have a problem with Apples pricing, but 30$ seem very high for paid TV with Commercials.. You can charge that but I don't want to see another Commercial again. Here's the Rub.. Apple TV already has all the broadcast networks for FREE just have to sit through ad's. Why now would I want to pay for it? And on top of it how Comcast and TW price set up is to the force a bundle either you pay like 80 for decent internet or it is 60 internet +20 for TV, for what apple will be providing for 30$. So how is this better for consumers? How is this changing TV? And if it takes off we will all end up paying more to IP's plus paying other companies. We all know they are going to Jack up rates to like 100$ just for 25mbs and or make Data Caps even lower. I would rather pay for a couple channels plus, hulu, netflix and google fiber. Then I might be able to come in under 100$ a month and none of it go to TW.

Status
Not open for further replies.