Solved! Apps go not responding when i open them

cassian69

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
So today i fixed a problem with my drivers but i think it made some apps not work correctly.I dont know what problem this specifically is but i suspect its windows that is the fault because the apps go "not responding"

Solution
OK, for a laptop you do not want to change drivers from the ones that the vendor had on their support site. Many people that install the drivers directly from AMD or nVidia, or that get some Windows update that changes the drivers can end up with their video card not working properly and not activating for games.

Changing video drivers would not cause your programs to hang, but you not being able to do a reset does point to some issue, maybe with the hard drive since an error there can cause restore issues.

cassian69

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

i am using windows 10
The driver issue that i had is that the amd drivers didnt update to the latest version and stayed at an old version for amd catalyst
system specs:
4GB ram
Amd a12 9720p
rx 540
Mobo: BS_Wartortle
P.S i am using a laptop
And today i had another problem and that is that i tried to reset my pc and it couldnt reset i am thinking of reinstalling windows

OK, for a laptop you do not want to change drivers from the ones that the vendor had on their support site. Many people that install the drivers directly from AMD or nVidia, or that get some Windows update that changes the drivers can end up with their video card not working properly and not activating for games.

Changing video drivers would not cause your programs to hang, but you not being able to do a reset does point to some issue, maybe with the hard drive since an error there can cause restore issues.

Solution