Aptios setup screen wont go

Mar 20, 2018
When i turn my laptop on it comes up with aptio setup utility?? I cant get of onto the normal screen can anybody help ? Its a Asus x453m

Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W0lfs0ng Laptop Tech Support 0
rkj94 Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 6
F Laptop Tech Support 5
SnackinMcCracken Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1