Question ARC issue with Yamaha receiver and Samsung TV

Mar 25, 2020
Hello,
I have Yamaha RX-A3080 and Samsung 8K QLED TV QE65Q950RBTXXH.
I'm connecting HDMI cable (arc compatible) from oneconnect (HDMI3) to Yamaha receiver OUT1(arc) it seems the tv is switching to HDMI receiver but i don't get any sound. I have configured correctly both the TV and the receiver for arc, hdmi control, enabled HDMI-CEC on TV.
The weird thing is that the same TV works perfectly with my RX-V685 which i have in another room
Actually I play netflix from TV player, when i try to volume up/down from TV remote i get on tv that sound is controlled from HDMI receiver but i get no sound on my surround speakers. If i unplug the hdmi cable from RX-A3080 and plug it to RX-V685 i get sound and arc works! I have the latest firmware on TV and both receivers and i have double-checked the HDMI control settings on RX-A3080 and RX-V685 and are exactly the same.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Reactions: baileykd
Apr 12, 2020
I had a similar issue, what worked for me was to disable the eARC controller on my TV (Samsung Q70T) temporarily and reset my Yamaha RX-V671 once that happened I was able to get the audio to come through the receiver, Audio is not my issue, I wonder if you have been able to use your receiver as a controller, meaning can you connect to it and display video on your TV.

May 24, 2020
I had a similar issue, what worked for me was to disable the eARC controller on my TV (Samsung Q70T) temporarily and reset my Yamaha RX-V671 once that happened I was able to get the audio to come through the receiver, Audio is not my issue, I wonder if you have been able to use your receiver as a controller, meaning can you connect to it and display video on your TV.
- Sam issue, how did you disable the eARC controller on the TV? I am going to see about resetting my yamaha receiver now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
facecard Streaming Video & TVs 2
N Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 0
ddk0014 Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
camilleegg Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 20
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
Mayverse Streaming Video & TVs 2
Kimber_Har Streaming Video & TVs 3