Question ARC issue with Yamaha receiver and Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2020
Hello,
I have Yamaha RX-A3080 and Samsung 8K QLED TV QE65Q950RBTXXH.
I'm connecting HDMI cable (arc compatible) from oneconnect (HDMI3) to Yamaha receiver OUT1(arc) it seems the tv is switching to HDMI receiver but i don't get any sound. I have configured correctly both the TV and the receiver for arc, hdmi control, enabled HDMI-CEC on TV.
The weird thing is that the same TV works perfectly with my RX-V685 which i have in another room
Actually I play netflix from TV player, when i try to volume up/down from TV remote i get on tv that sound is controlled from HDMI receiver but i get no sound on my surround speakers. If i unplug the hdmi cable from RX-A3080 and plug it to RX-V685 i get sound and arc works! I have the latest firmware on TV and both receivers and i have double-checked the HDMI control settings on RX-A3080 and RX-V685 and are exactly the same.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Reactions: baileykd
Apr 12, 2020
I had a similar issue, what worked for me was to disable the eARC controller on my TV (Samsung Q70T) temporarily and reset my Yamaha RX-V671 once that happened I was able to get the audio to come through the receiver, Audio is not my issue, I wonder if you have been able to use your receiver as a controller, meaning can you connect to it and display video on your TV.

May 24, 2020
I had a similar issue, what worked for me was to disable the eARC controller on my TV (Samsung Q70T) temporarily and reset my Yamaha RX-V671 once that happened I was able to get the audio to come through the receiver, Audio is not my issue, I wonder if you have been able to use your receiver as a controller, meaning can you connect to it and display video on your TV.
- Sam issue, how did you disable the eARC controller on the TV? I am going to see about resetting my yamaha receiver now.

Feb 13, 2022
I just bought a new Samsung 8k neo tv. My Yamaha soundbar 5600 worked perfectly with my previous samsung hd. This one has a 1 connect box. Soundbar is connected via arc to earc When the soundbar is connected none of the other devices ie Fetch, blu ray are stable. Black screen every 20 seconds, as soon as I unplug the soundbar all is ok except only tv sound. The sb works on other sources ie fta and streaming perfectly. Retailer says decoding issue between oldish soundbar and new tv. They suggest digital optical cable?.

Status
Not open for further replies.