Are gaming laptops under $1000 worth getting?

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I am traveling pretty frequently these days (About once a quarter or so, so about 4 times a year) but I expect that to stop next year in May. Is it worth getting a decent gaming laptop around $1000 to travel with me, or are these priced products generally underpowered/not worth it for just a year? I tend to play games such as Skyrim, Starcraft 2, borderlands 2, L4D2, Civ 5, and so forth.

Thanks!

Lynguistic

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I've been wondering the same thing, but 1000$ for a laptop is a bit too high for me. so ill settle with what i can get under 1000$ if you can handle playing your games on medium settings then that's worth it to me.. i mean i grew up playing the first nintendo, so graphics isnt everything, if you can perform skyrim smoothly on medium settings, its not that big of deal. To me atleast.

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013
To be fair, I probably wouldn't play Skyrim on the system, I would play games like DOTA, Civ 5, L4D2, and so forth. Right now my favorite game is Fallout 2, so I don't think graphics is everything, or anything when determining the worth of a game. The Lenovo one looks all right, but I wanted something quad-core, and I am kind of realizing those don't exist.

It looks like I either need to wait for prices to go down, or cough up more money to make it work.

k1114

Distinguished

chainers

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Thanks man, I had no idea that site even existed. I am sure I can find something I want there thanks!