Are hardware upgrades for the Acer E1-771-6458 possible?

nostreborderaj

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015
My understanding of this particular model is that the maximum RAM is 8GB, that there are 2 slots for RAM within the laptop, and that it comes with 6GB of RAM. If this is the case, do they slots contain one stick of 4GB and one stick of 2GB, or one stick of 6GB? Is the max possible two sticks of 4GB?

My understanding is that the graphics processor on this laptop is integrated into the CPU (Intel Core i3-3110M). Is it possible to upgrade this CPU to a more powerful CPU and retain the integrated graphics necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my understanding is obviously quite limited. Here is a link to the specs of this model on Acer's site: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MG7AA.006. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Solution
There are no 6 gig RAM sticks so if it has two slots it must be a 4 and a 2.

You should check with Acer support for what CPUs that system can run. While the physical connections for a CPU may fit, there may be some models that won't work with that system. Any of the Intel Core I chips have integrated video, if you go from the i3 to a faster i3 or to an i5, they will have video.
There are no 6 gig RAM sticks so if it has two slots it must be a 4 and a 2.

You should check with Acer support for what CPUs that system can run. While the physical connections for a CPU may fit, there may be some models that won't work with that system. Any of the Intel Core I chips have integrated video, if you go from the i3 to a faster i3 or to an i5, they will have video.

Solution