Question Are temperatures between 80 - 75 normal for idle temperatures

Mar 1, 2023
I have an acer nitro 5 and it has been a year since I have had this laptop. I have never repasted nor cleant the internals to avoid voiding the warranty. Games stutter quite a lot and im not sure if it was due to the windows 11 update, the fact that I have only one stick of 8gb ram or the temperatures. I only play lightweight games like minecraft and I find it surprising to see it stutter on a laptop like this and not my core i3 desktop. To top it all off it stutters on an 8 chunk render distance.

Mar 1, 2023
Something is odd there.

Did you start the benchmark with the charger plugged in? or just on battery?

check the SSD with crystaldiskinfo for problems, might be faulty
Yes the charger is plugged in. And as for the SSD the health seems good on crystal disk info. Temperatures were about 87-92 on the cpu and 78-84 degrees Celsius on the gpu

this is what i get on crystal disk btw
View: https://imgur.com/a/e4msEby

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023
be sure all drivers are up to date, especially the intel management engine (intel me) and the chipset driver. Use the Acer update tool to be sure you find all drivers necessary.

if this doesn´t help, you really might have a cooling problem
Aight thanks man I guess I'll just repaste it and clean the fans a bit and hope for the best. All my drivers are up to date so im pretty sure it's a cooling problem. Either that or I'll have to clean install windows again

Reactions: helpstar