Are these headphones good?

DogeTheDog

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Hi there, I'm building a PC and I'm going to get some headphones for them, but my budget is a bit tight, already having spent quite a bit on components.

I found these: Sennheiser - Audiophile Over-the-Ear Headphones - Titan

They are listed at 80USD, but I can buy them in the store for 70.

How good are they? They seem pretty decent, then again, I'm no expert.

I'm mostly going to be gaming and listening to music, and I'd like to be able to pick up at least some level of detail.

Please let me know if they are a good value. I have heard good things about Sennheiser, but they are a bit on the expensive side.

Any other sugestions, such as another headphone option, are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
DogeTheDog.

Solution
Heyo DogeTheDog

The HD558's you've found are a fine pair of headphones. They're not amazing, which I suppose you'd expect at that price point, but they're quite good.
They're open-back which means you'll have a wider sound stage. They're not at all bass heavy, I'd even go as far as to say they're lacking a little. I'm not a bass person myself, but these just have a tiny too little amount.
Id say you should go for 'em, since that's actually a quite good price (At least from where I live).

Cheers.

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo DogeTheDog

The HD558's you've found are a fine pair of headphones. They're not amazing, which I suppose you'd expect at that price point, but they're quite good.
They're open-back which means you'll have a wider sound stage. They're not at all bass heavy, I'd even go as far as to say they're lacking a little. I'm not a bass person myself, but these just have a tiny too little amount.
Id say you should go for 'em, since that's actually a quite good price (At least from where I live).

Cheers.

Solution