Arizona Nuking Trolls by Making "Annoying" Comments Illegal

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone in Arizona cam simply use a VPN to hide their activities, problem solved

G

Laws never need to be modernized. With new technology should never come new laws, because right and wrong always stay the same. It's already illegal to stalk and harass people, regardless of the means. We don't need a new law, we need to enforce the old ones.

Software? from the dawn of man, theft has been illegal. Beyond that, it's illegal to infringe on another's patents. If you need to protect your assets, it's up to YOU THE CREATOR/PRODUCER to do this, or secure your tie to the software/art in question.

Nukes? Nuclear weaponry, and eventually better are an enevitable part of our future. We need to defend our countries from these things and let it be known that threatening action will be met with harsh consequences.

guns, cars, tobacco and alcohol? Yeah, it's good to keep certain things from people to a certain age or mental stability. But this is about endangering human lives, which should be an exception.

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I think the word 'troll' is getting out of hand. As someone else says, if someone say anything in a conversation that differs from the other persons opinion, they're labeled a troll by the first person to say it... There is no legislation that could be made, to accurately gauge such things.
Now saying this is to address stalking and harassment, that's the biggest lie I've heard from the political system in a long time..and that's AFTER being desensitized by all the stupid stuff that already goes on! If it's about harassment and stalking, label it so. A troll, or a public post on any sort of medium that is 'annoying' is NOT harassment or stalking. Get it straight you political cronies, or the next time you hear about the subject, will include your names, and how dumb you are.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]scythe944[/nom]Please, someone just fire the government.[/citation]
You mean, Arizona's government, right? Well you'll get a chance to do that when you vote for Arizona's next governor.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
"which could make it a criminal offense to leave an "annoying" or "offensive" comment on a web site"

I love how they say that but then say it doesn't infringe upon your freedom of speech.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]svdb[/nom]You mean, Arizona's government, right? Well you'll get a chance to do that when you vote for Arizona's next governor.[/citation]
Elections in less than a year.

ruszip1

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
You don't have the right not to be offended by something i say, you may not like it, here in America i have the 1st amendment on my side. So go suck on egg and eat S###!!!!!

G

But wait isn't the goal of trolling to really piss people off without directly giving yourself away as a troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.