Army Investing $50 Million Into Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
And the end result is DOOM3 where you can't attach a flashlight to your gun. LOL.

I think the ARMY should just hire game developer like Infinity Ward to build the game for them.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Great!

Taxpayer money for war ad campaigns. Please, take our children. Dehumanize them, hand them a rifle, and send them to their death...so that you can profit. Oops, I mean - so we can stop OTHER countries from having WMDs, even though we spend more on military than any other nation on earth and could nuke the entire earth.

Isn't it ironic that OUR government is marketing war to U.S. through VIDEO GAMES? Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? I'm sure I'll be unpopular for standing out in a sea of gamers - but seriously THIS IS PROPAGANDA!!!

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Great!Taxpayer money for war ad campaigns. Please, take our children. Dehumanize them, hand them a rifle, and send them to their death...so that you can profit. Oops, I mean - so we can stop OTHER countries from having WMDs, even though we spend more on military than any other nation on earth and could nuke the entire earth.Isn't it ironic that OUR government is marketing war to U.S. through VIDEO GAMES? Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? I'm sure I'll be unpopular for standing out in a sea of gamers - but seriously THIS IS PROPAGANDA!!![/citation]

Please refrain from smoking crack before posting.

Apparently you didn't read or understand the article, the game or more appropriately called simulator is designed for internal army use only.
nfortunately, gamers outside the armed forces will probably never see the likes of Game After Ambush

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
That may be ravenware, but the military posts ads, makes video games, etc...and it's all propaganda. They specifically try to target young college students and H.S. students. Video games are a way of reaching an even younger audience. Killing is RARELY justified. The only killing one should really ever do is on his home ground, in defense of his household. If you want to unite and protect borders from outside, fine. But we have no business killing someone on the other side of earth. When you go into someone else's land, sell weapons, and get government contracts I believe that is called CONQUEST. Last I checked, America was founded by people trying to get away from persecution and a tyrannical government that imposed heavy taxation - the original idea was to leave peacefully with the Native Americans, and it is that principle which has long since been forgotten. It wasn't long before settlers were conquering the territories, and I believe we paid a hefty sum to the Native Americans and gave them a few apologies for slaying their masses. Anyway, my point is that violence does not solve anything. It only begets more violence. The movie "The Kingdom" with Jamie Fox is about Iraq or Afghanistan, and it tells a realistic story about how war never really fixes anything. The only way to stop a group from hating you through war is through near total genocide. Everyone has a mother and if you kill her, they'll be coming after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.