As soon as the system finished booting it starts overheating and turn off after few minutes

Madongeer

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Hi, this is my first post here, I hope you help me with my issue.
I have hp envey m6 1102sa, with OS Windows 8.1. With AMD(I'm not sure about its version)
yesterday it turned off suddenly which is not ordinary, I set the CPU usage to the lowest limit to reduce overheating, then i turned it on, i noticed that the brightness is at the highest degree and the brightness button in the keyboard not responding. And a message titled "AMD Quick stream error" says:"The license installed is not intended for this computer"There was unusual overheating then it turned off again.
In the next time i noticed that there is an item which is missed from the context menu (drop down menu from right clicking desktop) this item was one of two, related to AMD, however they do the same job..
This all happened and I didn't change anything and didn't update anything..
Please help me. I'm posting this from my phone..

Tobstar

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
I would recommend searching for a video on how to dismantal your laptop and then clean out the fan with a cotton bud or something if the fan is damaged search for a replacement for your model. on the outer problems all i can recommend is a reinstall of your hardware to eliminate malware, a reinstall disk should have come with your machine. A larger hard drive and more ram (ram must be brought specific to your model) as these will make your pc able to process more data improving performance and lowering components overheat.
hope this helps

(ps if you dont have a reinstall disk you could try downloading widows 10 althow it is still in development it may be more reliable.

TRENDING THREADS