Asian iPad Knockoff Runs Full Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So lets see... it must be an iPad knockoff because it has a touchscreen and is black and silver? Gosh I've never seen those features in a tablet PC before.

Let's just ignore that it has different specs and runs windows 7.

Great logic Kevin.

ColliSions

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Id rather have that thing then the ipad. Nvidias 1080p capable tegra 200-300 dollar netbooks were supposed to be out, I wonder who's supplying the chips in the iPad...........................

G

OK, so another company has a tablet. The tablet has different hardware than the iPad. The tablet has different software than the iPad. The tablet is superior to the iPad in terms of performance. The tablet is a different size and shape than the iPad.

WHAT MAKES IT AN "iPAD KNOCKOFF"???

Looks to me like a competing product.

G

Different hardware? Check.
Different software? Check.
Different apps? Check.
Different manufacturer? Check.
Superior performance? Check.
Not as pretty? Check.
Apple fanboy? Check.

It MUST be an "iPad knockoff."

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Wow, way to grossly overstate the cost of everything Kevin...

Windows 7 or Windows Vista for an additional $180.
$180, if you want a full copy of Windows 7 ULTIMATE!!! (newegg.com)

If you buy Windows 7 then it doesn't need a mouse since it has a touch screen, nor does it need a CD/DVD drive (which any USB 2.0 extrenal CD/DVD drive would work, because USB is a STANDARD) because you can install Win 7 from a USB stick. Why are you buying an SD stick when you probably already bought one for a device that doesn't have a 250 gig hard drive? Got me on the carrying case, but as much as you grossly misrepresented everything else I'm sure you're looking at one that has gold trim.

Knock off?
Lets not list all the things this can do, that the iPad can't (and the things they can both do). I will leave some things off the list:
Flash, Webcam, 5-in-1 card reader, a full multitasking operating system, full web support, 250 Gig hard drive, choice in everything, upgradable RAM, more apps than are humanly countable (everything ever written for windows since Dos), for sale today, full iTunes support, fully compliant with additional peripherals like microphones, headsets, keyboards, other USB 2.0 devices, etc.

Yep, sure seems like a knock off.

Oh it doesn't have one thing the iPad has, fanatic fanboys such as yourself Kevin. Did it occur to you that this has been in the works since before Apple announced the iPad? Probably not. Researching and asking questions before writing articles isn't your style.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
please stop h8in on asian companies...just cuz a lot of them make knock offs don't make this tru >:O (i think the only reason he made this title was for views...

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Dear Tom's Writers... please come to China and buy everything you can. we would love to make 300% margin with you naive price believing consumers...

Status
Not open for further replies.