Ask Acer CEO Jason Chen

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Hey there all!

Our own Mike Prospero will be sitting down for an interview with the new CEO of Acer next week, and we thought it would be a great opportunity to reach out to our community to find out what kinds of questions you might want to see answered. Acer's new CEO, Jason Chen, joined Acer in January, and this will be an exclusive interview for Tom's.

If you've got a burning question for Acer, please let us know here by responding to this thread and we'll do our best to ask it during the interview.

Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,
Joe Pishgar
Senior Community Manager

Joe, thank you for this opportunity!

My question for Acer: "What specific strategy and steps does Acer plan to implement in order to improve the quality of Acer PCs and Laptops? Short term as well as long term. Please be as specific as possible"

MeteorsRaining

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Evening sir,

My question will be, "What are your plans for expansion in the display industry? With regards to 1440p monitors sprawling up, are we going to see 144Hz G-Sync monitors in this segment anytime soon?"

Thanks,
MeteorsR

Oh, this sounds like a great idea!

I would like to ask,"With the release of the Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition, does Acer plan to develop or dive more into the gaming laptop market? If so, how does he plan to enter this competitive market?"

Thanks!

qazzi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
EDIT(i rephrase the question)
since 4k are already starting to appear, it won't be long when 8k and 16k will be the norm, what are acer plans regarding the up and coming trend of 8k and 16K UHD screens? do we see 8k and 16K UHD laptop screen in the future?, if so, what will be acer strategy on putting 8k or 16k on a 15.x screen?

Nefixidus

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
My question is the same as Jason's from IBuyPower, but with an emphasis on wondering "Will Acer develop more gaming laptops with high end GPUs such as the 970m/980m?"

plaintuts

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I was hoping acer would step up against Alienware and gigabyte but,

Chen: nope, we need to focus on the future of money printing market... Casual gamers