Aspire F 15

akiller661

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Originally, whenever I plugged a 3.5mm audio jack into the socket, the system asked me if I wanted to use it for Headphone or Headset. As I always used it for Headphone, I eventually set it *always* for Headphone.
Now, I want to configure it / change it back to the way it was, so that it asks me each time. But I can't find where to do this.
HELP!! btw i tried to fix it from autoplay but it did not work plss help me

Solution
If it is not showing up for that particular device, then I would try testing a different device. You should also try testing a different cord to connect them. Either of those can be the cause.

Now if it shows up for some devices but not this one in particular, then there may be an issue with the device.
Go into "Control Panel" and click "Hardware and Sound". On the next screen click "Auto Play".

Go through the list of file types and then also devices (any device that has been connected to the computer should be in a list at the end) and then change their settings to "Ask me every time".

Once you are done making all your changes click "Save". It should now work again.

akiller661

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

akiller661

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
i tried to do it.it still doesnt work plss help

If it is not showing up for that particular device, then I would try testing a different device. You should also try testing a different cord to connect them. Either of those can be the cause.

Now if it shows up for some devices but not this one in particular, then there may be an issue with the device.

Solution