Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The CGI Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I saw the trailer for Assassins Creed Brotherhood. It was pretty good but I'm pissed that the multiplayer beta is on the PS3. Apart from the DRM, Assassins Creed II was an excellent game. I hate exclusives.

deividast

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
well video might be wrong, but i still love AC game and am looking forward to playing the next one :D just hope it won't set me back financially as much as ACII

nightwraith35711

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
will not buy if there is DRM. period. didn't buy ACII, and won't buy this.

try treating your CUSTOMERS like they aren't thieves and they might keep buying. treat them like they're thieves and you won't have to worry about customers anymore. you won't have any.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I have to agree with some of the above comments - and I wonder why they're getting negative votes. (Oh well, I balanced it out.)

If they continue down the road of DRM forcing always on Internet to play then I will NOT support them. I buy a game to play on my computer when & where I want. I like to vacation at places where there is no Internet but I still want to be able to play my games. Since they show no consideration for the paying customer, I will not support their efforts.

If they come up with some less draconian version of DRM (yes, DRM can be annoying, but sadly a hardcore group of thieves make it necessary) that allows me to play when & where I want, I will gladly support them.

Perhaps the problem is that companies have decided to focus on the thieves (sometimes called pirates) and they've lost focus on the fans who do buy. Hopefully someone with decision making powers will remember that it's the paying customer who matters most.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]g-thor[/nom]...(yes, DRM can be annoying, but sadly a hardcore group of thieves make it necessary)...[/citation]
Actually, it's not the thieves that make this 'necessary', its the industry's greed which pushes people who have had their hopes crushed time after time of being promised great games only to realize they have been fooled. I now SHARE games and if I like what I see, I buy it. Yes, that's not stealing, it's sharing a test-run before the final investment. If these publishers understood that, they would A) try to make better games, and B) perhaps lower the price so more people would do what I do. DRM doens't spit in my face, it spits in yours because you buy a game before you even know how it is!

mikewong

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm currently playing AC II and it's great except for its DRM, especially these few days I have a very bad connection. Hope they will improve on this side too

G

lol at omnidois

a demo is something that they let you legally try

pirating...= without permission...your not legally borrowing the "physical" cd and key either...your borrowing files...and they come from different comuters as they arnt 100% from one person when you get the final file..so at the end

if you play the full game..and then buy it...that equals stealing...then paying for it later...even if you buy it after...your initial doing of downloading is stealing...you cant go back and fix that..once you steal..its stolen..even if you return it

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]stealerssuck[/nom]lol at omnidoisa demo is something that they let you legally trypirating...= without permission...your not legally borrowing the "physical" cd and key either...your borrowing files...and they come from different comuters as they arnt 100% from one person when you get the final file..so at the endif you play the full game..and then buy it...that equals stealing...then paying for it later...even if you buy it after...your initial doing of downloading is stealing...you cant go back and fix that..once you steal..its stolen..even if you return it[/citation]
Well I guess it's a matter of perspective, isn't it? But the fact is that "stolen" games seem to reward their users with better technical experiences, and at least if the games sucked (as so many do), we don't feel like the silly sheep who trust the screenshots and the fake reviews which are out there left and right. Also keep in mind that not all (most?) offer demos. Oh, and lastly, file sharing isn't illegal where I live, so it's not theft at all - it's file sharing. :)

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Its not a matter of perspective. What you do is stealing. If I walk into a store, and steal a candy bar, and then come back a week later and pay for it because I liked the way it tasted, its still stealing. In your mind if I didn't like the way the candy bar tasted I shouldn't pay for it? lol you live in a real warped world kid. What you're doing is wrong, no matter how you spin it or try to justify it, and it hurts the industry. If you want to try a game out, you should play the DEMO (which are always free) or play it at a friend's house who's already payed for it.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Personally, I like DRM, but in a way that steam does it. Where you have to log in the 1st time, to verify you have a legit, original CD key to a server, but then every time after that, you can play the game even with no internet connection. I think this form of protection is enough to help stop thieves (most, not all of them) but its not so much protection that it hinders the game experience for users with bad connections.

prightiam

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Whether or not you pirate games you should be against drm, people will not stop pirating so companies will continue to use drm until the majority stands up and says no.

Remember kids, say no to drm!

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
When you steal a candy, the candy is gone, and that candy could be paid for by a person cannot pay for it because it's gone. While in a PC game, the game is not gone, just duplicated. There's a minor difference. That's the same reason any piracy loss estimate is total BS everytime. It's so prevalent because it's a virtual data that YOU CANNOT TOUCH.

Back to topic, I still buy these games, AFTER they're cracked. I buy original copy then crack it. Sadly, by this logic, I'm still treated as a criminal by these game companies, which saddens me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.