YOUJELLYBRO160

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
Hey, I was thinking of buying the new Astro a40 Pc 2015 edition but i need help. Without the mixamp, does it still have 7.1 surround sound. Can you connect it to an iphone to listen to music. And should i get the mixamp and if i should can you connect the mixamp edition to an iphone

Solution
You can do surround sound with any set of headphones so you shouldn't buy headphones based on that. They do come with a 3.5 mm cable so it should work with your iPhone. The mixamp is up to you. All it really does is it powers the headphones and colors the audio which will make a significant amount of difference in the audio but if you can live without it you save a bunch of money.

Hope this helped, good luck!

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
You can do surround sound with any set of headphones so you shouldn't buy headphones based on that. They do come with a 3.5 mm cable so it should work with your iPhone. The mixamp is up to you. All it really does is it powers the headphones and colors the audio which will make a significant amount of difference in the audio but if you can live without it you save a bunch of money.

Hope this helped, good luck!

Solution