Solved! ASUS 1015PEM Overheating

Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys, I have this old ASUS PEM that I recently got out to use, I cleaned it out, changed the thermal paste, everything was almost new, never had much use, but I'm noticing heat, 65 on idle, around 72-73 browsing, I've noticed that the fan just runs slowly, it doen's kick in at any time for no reason, even using Super Hybrid engine, it only runs at one speed, you can barely feel any air coming out, everything is clean and I recently installed windows 7 starter, one thing I have done is flash the latest BIOS from ASUSs site, could that be the culprit ?

Solution
65 on idle? Damn, did you make sure the repaste was done correctly? Laptop heatsink tends to press weaker than desktop therefore the spread may be uneven sometimes so the die are not covered completely. I follow the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut guide by spreading manually before putting the heatsink back. Try undervolting it as well using throttlestop. Make sure your laptop is lifted so the vents aren't covered.

poorbugger

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
65 on idle? Damn, did you make sure the repaste was done correctly? Laptop heatsink tends to press weaker than desktop therefore the spread may be uneven sometimes so the die are not covered completely. I follow the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut guide by spreading manually before putting the heatsink back. Try undervolting it as well using throttlestop. Make sure your laptop is lifted so the vents aren't covered.

Solution
Feb 2, 2019
Yeah, the paste was done right, like I stated, I am certain the fan is the culprit, it just runs slowly, I've tried everything, will try undervolting.