asus 1201n with bios problem after upgrading to windows 8.1

Maurobon

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
good morning to everybody with kindness to help people like me.
i usually resolve the problems by myself diving the net,but sometime i miss the tresaure....so i m here to ask kindly your help,here we go:i own an amazing asus 1201n,and i decided to upgrade it from w7 64 to w 8.1.everything was right:fast boot,fast descktop,fast dealing with the tasks,but when i connected to internet,it s started to get slowly,in particular the boot,i explain.i flashed an cracked bios with al the command unblocked with w7 64bit,and everything s right,once upgraded and connected to the net it started to stop the boot asking "press f2 and default set....."almost every boot.so i tryed to reflash the bios but it wasn t possible by ez flash and dos,so i reinstalled w7 and flashed the last original bios from asus site.so once all right i straight way reinstalled w8.1 64 bit,and it was VERY fast boot and desktop,but once connected to internet to instal the antimalweare and antivirus,it connected the microsoft account and it started to repeat the bios problem asking to restore the default set up by presseing f2.i tryed to reflah the bios but it s not possible........this is the point where i am,i hope in your help,
thanks

Hello Maurobon

May be it is the Windows Update that is the cause of trouble. Would you mind redoing the procedure that brought your PC back to life. Once done, and after you have upgraded to Windows 8.1, don't forget to Disable Automatic Updates.

Try using your computer with the above settings and see if the issue has been resolved.

Feel free to reply if more assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Maurobon

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
sorry for the long time viveknayyar007,but my pc s exployded,by the way i investigated a lot with my frend about it,and now all the drivers are new,i ve got the last thing is the cmos.
thanks for your help,
mauro

lee_henry88

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

My 1201N has similar problem. What did you do to solve the problem? How about the cmos issus?
Thanks.

Maurobon

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

i s sure not to be the only afcted one,just from the fact that the 1201n is a really good machine!
ok i ve got all the solution.....
first download the unlocked bios http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/1...S-0326.zip
full of sorprise
unpack and change the line in only 1201n.rom and use alt plus f2 to use ezflash tool
second install windows 10 64 lstb and use the loader,36 second and from the boot i m on the desktop
third use all the driver in compatibility with windows 8 and find thwm by driver booster 3,crack it
four the solution for the bios is to leave brightnes of the video at maximun when you shut down,otherwise it goes in conflict wjth the ion driver and reset the bios,cause nvidia didn t upgrade it for all the new version of windows as well windows 10 after if you want i tell how to add a second fan to cool down the motherboard,and i didn t find a driver for the camera that work,try by yourself
òet me know if you need an hand
ciao