Asus A455L Battery Charging but the Percentage wont Up

sumirart

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Hello guys, thanks for let me join this great community :D

I have a problem with my new (second hand) laptop.
I bought it (Asus A455L) from someone with cheap price, because he said that the battery was drop, 0.0% charging and wont up, so I need to plug in AC adaptor to turn it on. So I bought it and bought a new battery one (from cheaper seller in online)

When I put the new battery, it shows up with 50%. I'm using it until the battery low (about 12%) and then I plugged in AC adaptor. But then I realize the percentage won't up. I turn it off and I plugged in the charger for about 15 hours, but still I get the same result.

From that result, I think the old battery is still working, but somehow it won't charge like the new one.

Anyone know what is the cause of this problem?

Thanks for viewing and answering my question :)

NeleRS

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
The battery you got online, is it original (OEM product)? What was the price of your new battery? Are you now stuck with 12% or 50% on new battery? Do you have a message "Pluged in, not charging) on your battery icon under taskbar?

sumirart

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016

- I think it is OEM product.
- About $45
- Now I'm stuck with 0.0%
- I don't know, I'm using linux, the message just say "charging...", but when i take out the battery and just power on the laptop with ac adaptor, the message is same "charging.. 0.0%" even without the battery

When I try to plug in the battery when the laptop is on with the ac adaptor, first time it say "charging 97%" but when i restart it back to "charging 0.0%, when I try again for few times its still say "charging 0.0%"