ASUS Battery Problems. Doesnt charge normally

gprincip

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
Hey guys!

I have problems with my ASUS X501a .

my computer doesn't charge normally PLUS it dies without warning

When I put in the charge it shows that I have 28% or 34% left . and sometimes it just stop charging. the logo that Im charging is still there, but the procent doesn't move . sometimes it can move 1 og 2 % if I take the charge out and ind again, then I can see it moving in maybe 30 second and then it stop again.

And when the computer is without charge and I want to see how many procent the battery have, it shows : 15min 67% and a minute after the Minute is 26 and then down to 10 and and suddenly the computer shut down.

anyone who can help?

(Sorry bad english)

( the computer is a little over a year old)

rounakr94

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
It looks like the battery is dying. Has it swollen up? It would be best for you to rma it if under warranty.
It once happened with my Nokia bl5c battery where it had swollen up and was discharging within 1hour without anyuse.

gprincip

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
No it's not swollen up.. I do have warranty, so maybe I just have to rma it. my battery always last for 6 hours without charging. Now I can only use it in 20-30min. :/

sophie1992

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
Hello! I am having the same problem aswell, mine is over a year so past the warranty, just randomly dies all the time even though its been charged for ages. Ridiculous! In the future ill be getting a different branded laptop x

spanz

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
UX31A with same problem. I replaced the battery with an OEM, and it STILL only lasts one hour.

something in the hardware or software is either draining the battery, or falsely shutting it down when it is still mostly charged. it SHOULD last 4+ hours!

last asus I ever buy