Asus Device Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

Few days ago Asus Live Update installed "Asus Device Activation" on my asus laptop. This app creates two entries: DevActSvc.exe and FWVariableWin32.dll

Currently, there are no information about this app. I even asked the Asus Tech Support, interestingly they said that they don't know anything about this app.

Does anyone know what is this app? What is it for?

Thanks in advance, BK

Solution
i found it
this app registers your laptop as a genuine asus product
no need to worry about it
but still u can scan them for one time
and if they are harming your laptop 'seriously' them delete them
"I even asked the Asus Tech Support, interestingly they said that they don't know anything about this app"

Google Search doesn't know anything about those two files you mentioned either, which I find very strange if it was a genuine Asus app.

I would treat them them with suspicion initially and check them for malware.

Unless anyone else joins the thread and can shed some light on them.

Jun 8, 2018
i found it
this app registers your laptop as a genuine asus product
no need to worry about it
but still u can scan them for one time
and if they are harming your laptop 'seriously' them delete them

Solution
I don't think Asus Live Update would have downloaded that app to your PC either, contrary to what you said or think.

It most likely got downloaded surreptitiously and you just assumed it was Asus Live Update because of the app name.

Anyway, what's important now is you get rid of that app then do a full system scan for viruses & other malware.

If it does turn out to be malware you need to review your online safety/security measures & improve them.

Jun 7, 2018
Also had this pop up 5 minutes ago completely random doing nothing special canceled it,
then i checked the asus command app for updates and the app found nothing.
kind off weird "critical update" for a device activation. anyone ellse?

Too bad you didn't provide link to the page where you found the info :/

Jun 15, 2018
Why is this listed as solved without verification. Frankly I'm more inclined to believe the tc that asked asus tech support and they didn't know about it. Mine just popped up a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS