Asus Drivers Help

AnnieKay

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Currently installing drivers for a new computer. I noticed when going to install the USB 3.1 and AUDIO drivers there are two files, AsusSetup.exe and setup.exe. The latter belongs to As media and Realtek, the former obviously belongs to Asus.

Why are there multiple setup executables and which is best to use?

I tried first with the Asus but it installed 2 Asus services along with the driver, the same services that get installed along with AI Suite.

In the audio folder, there is a sub folder called NoHotfix, would the Asus apply some kind of hot fix and the Realtek not?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It could.

Their are a lot of progams out there that have like Setup.exe and then line Install.exe and you have to run the setup. it starts its own program that may have extras that the install.exe does not, but either way in the end both give you what you need at least. Sometimes some programs won't let you run the install.exe and will say it needs to be ran from the setup.exe.

The thing is all these makers like ASUS, MSI, etc their boards ALL use parts made by everyone else. Realtek audio, ASMedia for SD card readers, etc, so you CAN find staight up basic drivers from the makers directlty. Not all have drivers but most do so more than likely it just installs extra stuff. Honestly i don't like ASUS for their utilites.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
It could.

Their are a lot of progams out there that have like Setup.exe and then line Install.exe and you have to run the setup. it starts its own program that may have extras that the install.exe does not, but either way in the end both give you what you need at least. Sometimes some programs won't let you run the install.exe and will say it needs to be ran from the setup.exe.

The thing is all these makers like ASUS, MSI, etc their boards ALL use parts made by everyone else. Realtek audio, ASMedia for SD card readers, etc, so you CAN find staight up basic drivers from the makers directlty. Not all have drivers but most do so more than likely it just installs extra stuff. Honestly i don't like ASUS for their utilites.

Solution