Solved! Asus E200HA stuck on logo after failed reset

LoganZen

Estimable
Feb 26, 2016
Ok I tried to reset my Asus Netbook to factory default through Windows 10 settings, it reset 45% then failed, on the next screen I hit f12 to continue thinking it was going to finish the install but it hasn't.

Now my netbook is stuck just loading the Asus logo and doesn't go beyond that. Can I access restore options here? I don't have a disc drive so can't install from a DVD through the boot options

Can anyone help?

I tried the answer in another topic from 2 years ago on here about switching on and off but I don't get the loading circle just the logo then nothing and back to logo.

thanks

ANdrew

Solution
Note: Since you said this happened after a failed system reinstall/restore, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

You said you don't get the rotating circles, so I would suggest trying the following.

1. Power off the laptop.
  2. Power on the laptop.
  3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
  4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
  5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
  6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
  7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".
Now if it still won't work after that, you may need to get yourself either a...
Note: Since you said this happened after a failed system reinstall/restore, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

You said you don't get the rotating circles, so I would suggest trying the following.

1. Power off the laptop.
  2. Power on the laptop.
  3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
  4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
  5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
  6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
  7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".
Now if it still won't work after that, you may need to get yourself either a CD/DVD/USB with the installation media to reinstall it to the computer.

Solution