Solved! Asus EE PC X101CH - Keyboard issues

May 24, 2020
Good Day

I have Asus EE PC X101CH netbook that a client brought in for a service , The keyboard ribbon cable came out when I serviced the laptop. I managed to reset the cable but now only the esc key works and nothing else works. I was wondering about Windows 10S How does one get hold of it as its running Windows 7 Starter and would like to put an SSD in for the client as this would be mainly be used for reading etc and small use.

Please advise as this is the first time in my career that it happened that the keyboard stops working altogether. I cant see any faults in the ribbon cable

Solution
I already asked her she does not want to give it up , the thing was working before I had to check if the ram was up gradable that is all Please assist instead of judging they dont have money for a new one and no I am not charging anything Please be more compassionate . I did offer my netbook but she wants hers

Not much you can do with the keyboard aside from trying to re-seat it again, trying another keyboard with a new ribbon cable or replacing the system board. Won't hurt to clean the cable and check the motherboard connector for something stuck in it.
For a new version of OEM windows, through Microsoft or an authorized reseller.

Keyboard issue, could be the connector on the motherboard is bad, or the cable, could be something broken you can't see easily. Really only way to check is to replace the keyboard and/or cable and see if that fixes it or the motherboard. For such a cheap computer it's not worth it, that EE PC was cheap and slow when it was new years ago, it's probably worth a large pizza and a soda now. A plain pizza even not one with fancy toppings.

I would have told the guy to replace that system with any used laptop made in the past 6 years instead of working on it. Lenovo T420/430 are my personal cheap system favorites to use, for a small system X201, 220 models.

May 24, 2020
I will check that cable , its a friend of mine netbook and she told me she does not want to get rid of it . Do you think an erasor might do the trick I have put the keyboard back in but as I just said the Esc key is the only key that works now. Let me know what is possible. I want to see if I can put a solid state drive in for her, she mainly wants to use it as a tablet thing

I will check that cable , its a friend of mine netbook and she told me she does not want to get rid of it . Do you think an erasor might do the trick I have put the keyboard back in but as I just said the Esc key is the only key that works now. Let me know what is possible. I want to see if I can put a solid state drive in for her, she mainly wants to use it as a tablet thing

Seems like a huge waste of money working on that thing but up to the person that owns it. It's like fixing up a Yugo with new paint and re-building the engine.

Unless the connectors are actually corroded or dirty cleaning them won't help.

Like I said, I would not touch that thing even if someone wanted to play me to work on it, it's just not worth it at all, to the point of being silly. Who would spend more time and money on fixing a system when replacing it with a much faster one is as cheap or cheaper? It's a piece of electronic hardware, it's as disposable as bones after a meal once it's past the useful life.

May 24, 2020
Seems like a huge waste of money working on that thing but up to the person that owns it. It's like fixing up a Yugo with new paint and re-building the engine.

Unless the connectors are actually corroded or dirty cleaning them won't help.

Like I said, I would not touch that thing even if someone wanted to play me to work on it, it's just not worth it at all, to the point of being silly.
I already asked her she does not want to give it up , the thing was working before I had to check if the ram was up gradable that is all Please assist instead of judging they dont have money for a new one and no I am not charging anything Please be more compassionate . I did offer my netbook but she wants hers

Not much you can do with the keyboard aside from trying to re-seat it again, trying another keyboard with a new ribbon cable or replacing the system board. Won't hurt to clean the cable and check the motherboard connector for something stuck in it.

Solution