Asus EEE PC netbook - New OS ?

jester070993

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Recently found my old Asus EEE PC 901 with a version of ubuntu (gnome, I think) installed on it. I dont really like ubuntu and it cannot do much at all esspecally this version I have. I want to install a new OS on it because I am going on a trip this summer and I plan to download my pictures onto the EEE PC from my iphone every couple of days when my storage gets filled up. Does anyone know of a good OS for an EEE PC? I was thinking about installing chrome on it, but I heard the wifi doesn't work when people did that. I am not really worrying about the Wifi, as I dont use this computer anymore. i just want to make it so i can transfer pictures and videos from my iphone and free up space on it day by day

Any other suggestions are welcomed! Thanks

jester070993

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm will check out lubuntu. Is it compatible with iOS devises, fairly easily? preferably with download anything extra? Like I said, I just want to transfer pictures and videos from my iphone to the EEE pc.

And what do you mean "asus k8v-vm video card drive" - should I get the drivers for this so the wifi will work? is that what you mean?

Alex Ferreira

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
That Asus comes original with XP and Linux. It will handle a bigger windows 7 starter (or other X86/32bits version of seven) nicely. Don´t you have a external USB 2.5" hard disk for storage?
http://www.asus.com/Eee_Family/Eee_PC_901/specifications/