Asus EeePad Transformer Arriving April 26 @ $399

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is the first tablet to tempt me. I have and still use a MSI netbook, but I have become accustom to the ease of using the touch screen on my EVO. This Asus tablet is on my Tuesday agenda. I wasn't planning on getting the keyboard, but if it has a reduced price for bundled, I'm tempted there too!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Not someone else bringing up that POS HP TC1100 tablet. Heavy, lousy battery life and running a crappy version of Windows optimized for touch. Seriously, if you think the TC1100 is a "good buy" then I've got some property you might be interested in buying.

dffeitlstp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I don't believe Android or the Tegra 2 processor is scalable to be laptop replacement, and that is what the keyboard extension connotates. I wish one of these me-toos would put a real lightweight O/S like Ubuntu on the tablet. I don't want all the connectivity without tools to utilize it. This is the same reason I won't buy an iPad.

What does this offer that I can't already do with my smartphone???

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]$399 is not so good. With similar hardware to the Xoom it means the Transformer will be much slower than the iPad 2.[/citation]

The Transformer has twice the RAM and a better Graphics chip?? How the hell is it going to be slower? From what ive read, the Xoom performs just as good, if not better than the iPad. Plus the 'magical' iPad's cameras suck. So better specs and a 100$ cheaper price tag, and you say '399$ not so good?'. Standard Apple fanboy statement. (BTW I do own several Apple products and no Android devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.