Asus fx503 going straight to UEFI

siznjk

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello,
Today I got a brand new ASUS fx503 and when I turn it on it goes straight to UEFI with no boot options. I tried making bootable usb with windows install but all it does is recognize USB but again it does not put it in boot order or start installation. Laptop is supposed to come with some kind of free OS but again it does not show up anywhere or boots to it. Boot priority is empty, same as boot menu.
Thank you for any suggestions!

2d15ir8.jpg

Solution
So.. after hours of trying different things I finally used rufus to create GPT windows 10 installation an when I got to installation SDD and HDD were completely clean (wiped), so much for linux installation... Installing it now, thanks for answers
Did you use the Microsoft media creation tool to get a bootable usb flash drive?

reset the BIOS by loading default settings (F9)

in boot menu (F8) nothing shows up either?

use the advanced mode (F7) and have a look there for something like secure boot and disable it

maybe updating the BIOS to the latest version 305 can help
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/FX503/HelpDesk_BIOS/

siznjk

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016

I used Rufus (did it before) for making bootable USB, tried restoring with f9 - didn't help, disabled secure boot, no change. Boot menu is completely empty. Thinking of going to store where I bought it...

siznjk

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
So.. after hours of trying different things I finally used rufus to create GPT windows 10 installation an when I got to installation SDD and HDD were completely clean (wiped), so much for linux installation... Installing it now, thanks for answers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS