Asus G550JK vs. N550JK Laptops

rupert413

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hi all,

What is the difference between the Asus G550JK and the N550JK? I know the N550JK is tagged as a "Multimedia" laptop and the G550JK is a "Gaming" laptop. Their specs seem very much the same so what is the difference?

Solution

Without the sub on the N550JK they're going to be comparable. The external sub on the N550JK gives the audio some body. Just be mindful of what you're placing the sub on; the surface and the volume make a difference in whether you'll get distortion or vibration from the lows the little sub produces.
By and large, they are the same as far as hardware specifications go. We don't sell the G550JK, so I don't have any firsthand experience to compare with the N550JK (the latter of which we do sell), but from what I see, by and large, the differences are the audio setup and aesthetics.

There are probably other dissimilarities, like the trackpad and/or keyboard feeling different, different cooling system, etc. Hopefully someone with personal experience with the G550JK can chime in. :)

Felipe259

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014
They seem to be the exact same laptop, one is black with ROG stuff the other is white/aluminum with a touchscreen. The speakers are known to kinda suck although the subwoofer tries to make up for it. But except for that they are really great laptops.

Without the sub on the N550JK they're going to be comparable. The external sub on the N550JK gives the audio some body. Just be mindful of what you're placing the sub on; the surface and the volume make a difference in whether you'll get distortion or vibration from the lows the little sub produces.

Solution