ASUS G74SX issues... still worth it?

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
hello, i am considering purchasing a G74SX and i'm sorting out its issues and if they can be easily solved/dealt with. the 3 main issues iv'e found are:

1) crappy wireless card, disconnects randomly
2) touchpad goes a bit crazy now and then due to poor grounding
3) keyboard is finnicky at times, like unresponsive keys.

given these issues, does anyone have experience with this laptop and experienced these problems?

i'll probably end up upgrading the wireless card in a few months, but i don't want to not have usable internet during that time.

i can use a mouse to get around the touchpad problem, but there are still times when i will use the TP on the go.

Solution
Crappy wireless I can live with I suppose....

But if both touchpad and keyboard has issues then... No. The trackpad has an easy solution, just buy a mouse. Keyboard? Huge deal breaker unless you want to plug in a separate keyboard to use the laptop.
Crappy wireless I can live with I suppose....

But if both touchpad and keyboard has issues then... No. The trackpad has an easy solution, just buy a mouse. Keyboard? Huge deal breaker unless you want to plug in a separate keyboard to use the laptop.

Solution

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

My sis-in-law has one and she loves it. None of those issues you are saying. It works flawlessly

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

even if i will only be using wireless, never wired?

Huge deal breaker unless you want to plug in a separate keyboard to use the laptop.

would be great if i got lucky and got a good one like egilbe.. but i'd like a little more then luck to go off of. im mostly considering an alienware m14x, just checking out other options. guess i can cross this one off. any other recommendations for a good gaming laptop under $1400?

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011