Solved! Asus G751 JT weird battery issues ?!

Cheryl_9

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
Hi all hope someone can help. My sons Asus Laptop G751 JT started saying ''plugged in charging'' but was not charging and when the power cable came out the laptop would shut off. We thought it was a bad battery and I took it into a repair facility and they replaced the battery. We have now had it home for two days and it seemed as if it was functioning well but now it is stuck at 80% and will not charge more and again when the power cable come out it cuts off???? Can someone please help...

Hard to say for sure. But as the problem wasn't fixed on the first try, I would think that any time they spend disassembling and reassembling the laptop again, at least to the point of the battery replacement, should be "free" this time.

Cheryl_9

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
I'm so mad at Asus but looks like nobody to call and complain. It's my sons laptop and he has only had it since 2014. He's very careful to charge the battery fully and then unplug and run down to about 20% and then charge again.

I had a G75VW, a generation or two older than your son's G751. Unless things have changed since the G75, he'd be better off leaving it plugged in 24/7 (if he mostly uses it in one place), and just running the battery down maybe once every few months. Unless of course he needs the laptop for portable usage (which has nothing to do with the current issue).