Solved! Asus Gaming laptop Conversion help

Feb 18, 2020
Hey guys. I have The Asus Rog G752VL and I've had it for a few years now. Well I want to completely remove the built in display that has a max refresh rate of 60hz and use an HDMI Cable with my new 144Hz Gaming Monitor and just use the bottom part of the laptop for its keyboard and mouse pad. I've already removed the display on multiple occasions scratching my head in confusion to see after removed the built in display completely and connected the HDMI to the new monitor I just wasn't getting a signal. Not exactly sure what the problem is. Only two devices actually removed from the laptops motherboard is the connector from the display to the motherboard and the wireless LAN card which I'm planning on removing anyway and just being hard wired into the router. Any Ideas what I'm missing to be getting a "No Signal" message on the external display without my built in laptop display?

Solution
They really aren't meant to work without the attached display. I have run into a lot of people who have tried to remove it, as you are trying to, but it just won't allow it.

As far as I know, very few laptops will allow for it. They are just not designed to work without it attached.
Feb 18, 2020
Thank you. I kind of figured as much but i didnt want to give up without a second opinion and wording this type of question in a search bar gets kind of tricky so finding this information is harder than i thought so thank you. :)