Asus Gaming laptop gpu huge performance drop

matin_1

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
So i have an asus gl702vm 6th generation processor with a gtx 1060 at first all i had it was fine but after sometime I noticed fps droppes cuased by cpu thermal throttling so i opened up the laptop to replace thermal paste but when i turned it on again cpu was better but i have a wierd problem with my gpu, im having huge performance lost after that so i installed msi afterburner and in games i see a power limit on the top of my screen and my gpu drops abot 200 mhz and it does not go away so did i broke something when i opened my laptop and heatsink? Also the power limit option in msi afterburner is not enabled and cant be change but voltage control is on

Solution
The temps are too high for the laptop to handle. It is most likely that you broke something as the temps are too high for the laptop. I would recommend sending it back to asus and asking them to fix it.

matin_1

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

Both reach the throttle temperature cpu 91c and gpu 86c and then the performance drop happens and it starts all over again but that was happening before the new thing is a power limit i see in msi afterburner everytime it appears gpu lost about 200mhz

jo.lackner

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
I have the same problem after repasting my Asus GL502vs and i don´t think i broke something...If i had broken something nothing would work.. I don´t know whats the problem...