Solved! asus gl552 very slow

Telegdi

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advices or help if considered that it's needed.
I have this ASUS GL-552 which should supossedly be a gaming laptop,I've had it for like 6 months now,i was pretty excited of it since the beginning even if it looked like lagging from the start but i sticked with it.
At this point i actually can't use my mozilla browser properly cuz it's just getting stuck at every single command,and it won't exit the app without involving the taks manager.Right now i've been playing a game that like shouldn't have any problems for the specs of the laptop(Hearthstone),so each time i'm trying to close the game it just gets stucked and the image stays on the screen,can get of it only with task manager.
I want to mention that i'm having a scheduled scan every day twice with windows defender and using the microsoft security scanner once a month for scanning the laptop.
And my question is should i use a separate antivirus protection or should Windows Defender be enough ?
And then what other possibly situations could be there for getting this lagging and no loading screen.
The Laptop specs are:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.60Ghz
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
64-bit operating system
Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 4 GB DDR5
and the windows i use is 10 which i read in many posts that it is slowing down the computers but still it's the most recommened for new devices,laptops,pcs
Thank you for your responses in advance,
Looking forward,Alex

Solution

if you still can revert then revert to 8.1 otherwise just run a few windows update it should fix the issue by itself.

Telegdi

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

My CPU is fine but the disk usage is always like 100%, I've had the issue since the beginning and looked over for solutions, i found some a while ago and thought it will be fine, as it was for a while but now it's same again, i really don't know what to do, I've tried all the solutions I've found on the Internet

can u see in task manager what is actually using your disk?

how about other games?do u run in game monitoring for your cpu/gpu usage and temps?

Telegdi

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
I haven't had any problems with big games I've played assassin's creed 1 and made it to assassin's creed 4 and it has no problems running everything on very high, all the problems come from outside the game area.
And no I'm not running game monitoring

try running ingame monitoring and check the temps and usage.or try running a stress test.

Telegdi

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

i've tried the stress test ,what should i be exactly looking for in the test ?

cpu/gpu temp.any throttling.

Telegdi

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
i've done all the tests ,when it gets to 100% CPU it kinda lags ,memory doesn't get even close to 100%,the disk usage is at 98% at most ,so what should i learn from this ?

during stress test it is normal for the cpu to hit 100%.this is why you need to monitor usage during in game to see how much cpu and gpu usage are.if your cpu spike to 100% during gaming it will cause lag

then its probably the windows.i remember the first time i had windows 10 installed my system was slower than before.turns out few background process are running which includes windows update,anti malware.cortana etc.which build of win 10 are you on?