Question Asus GL552jx turns on ,shows the "Republic of gamers" logo then automatically turns off

May 20, 2020
Hi,
My Asus GL552jx (ROG) suddenly turned off by itself while using it. Then I started to turn it on but showing the Asus ROG logo it turned off. Then I dissemble the hdd and ram ,connected it again then it run as usual. Then after shutting down ,the pc shows the same problem when I turn it on . Then I installed Windows again then it gave me 2 days of service then again same problem . I am attaching a video link with this post .
drive.google.com/file/d/12EzOwFnu1azCfpbgl0hMczwsf3YYVX23/view?usp=drivesdk
Please anyone give me a good suggestion what to do.
Thanks in advance.

May 20, 2020
Most likely issue is a bad motherboard. Did you try it with one RAM stick at a time or different RAM?
i have just one RAM inside my laptop. So could not check. Another thing happened before going down my laptop .... Let me describe it from the beginning.I use ethernet cable to connect my pc to the router for internet access. I use multi plug for power . Means from AC socket I use a long cable extension socket (my wall outlet is far from my setup) for powering my pc through adapter. Then something unusual happened. That day my PC was off and multplug switch was also turned off(but adapter 3 pin plug was connected to miltiplug). Though pc was in shut dawn, I suddenly saw that on router an ethernet port indicator is online, that was the port connected to the PC.... Means somehow AC adapter sending power through motherboard to router wan port( Again giving u a reminder that muliplug extension switch was turned off😲😲). I disconnected the plug then ethernet port turned off. Then again I connected the plug and this time the multi plug was also off and same thing happens again. Then I turn multi plug switch on and PC remains still shutdown The WAN indicator is off. After this, within 3 days I lost in devasted situation like auto shut down .Even it happens when i go to boot settings too. In corona situation all the service center of our country is off. And I am really stuck....My home office work is now....hah....u understand

Last edited:
For anyone's concern the laptop has been serviced and it was the problem with power button of keyboard. whole keyboard had to change for this culprit

That's a lot cheaper than a motherboard, and a good thing to check, what you saw happen is often a motherboard issue but having someone try a new keyboard or power button connection is a good troubleshooting step I did not think to try.

Reactions: Falcon642
May 20, 2020
That's a lot cheaper than a motherboard, and a good thing to check, what you saw happen is often a motherboard issue but having someone try a new keyboard or power button connection is a good troubleshooting step I did not think to try.
Again same problem starts after 5 days of good service 😠😠😠😠...ok if it is a motherboard problem then is it repairable ?

hughjackman2k

Prominent
Aug 3, 2020
I'm having the same issue on my ASUS GL551JW. It's been the second time now. The first time resulted in replacing the original keyboard, and now the replacement too? Can't believe it, they seriously need to consider about the Power button design.

May 20, 2020
I'm having the same issue on my ASUS GL551JW. It's been the second time now. The first time resulted in replacing the original keyboard, and now the replacement too? Can't believe it, they seriously need to consider about the Power button design.
Actually these keyboards acts very similar to our old play station port keyboard and very painful piece of shit . Actually the name Asus is a bundle of problem:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: . What I have done again ...I had my warranty for the keyboard and I replaced it again. Now it is running...umm.. Almost a month without any problem. still nothing happened.