Asus K53E Charging Port Issue

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anh102

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hi everyone!
So about a month and a half ago I started having charging problems with my Asus laptop. The charge started toggling between "AC Mode" and "Battery Mode" and the LED light toggled on and off unless I held the charger in firmly the entire time it was in use. I had planned to fix it quickly until I got really sick and was unable to, now that I feel better I wanted to start working on it. The other day I noticed while holding in the charger an ample amount of heat coming from the connector head and immediately took the charger out. This is a new development for my pc issue. My question(s) is:
1) Is this a charging port issue as I first assumed?
2) With the charger now heating up at the port, is something else causing the problem?
3) What is the best solution to fix this?

If I hold the charger in, the battery icon reads "X& available (plugged in, charging) as it should normally. Any advice/info is appreciated!
Thanks,
Ashley

Asus K53E
Windows 7 Home Premium x-64bit, SP 1
AC/DC Adapter Input 100-240V (1.5A), Output 19V (3.42A)

Nush

Estimable
Feb 5, 2016
So sad to know this is a common problem with Asus :( besides the loose charging port problem, I guess mine has battery problems too. Changed the battrley once and no big improvement. It discharges so soon that I need to keep the charger in for almost all time it's on.
100 $/€ is too much to be spent on a repair and I can't afford to buy a new one either. Besides, who wants to install all those softwares on another system.... :((

Status
Not open for further replies.