Asus K55VJ Lost Display While Doing Windows 10 Clean Install

theorice

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I had cleaned up my HDD in the hopes of doing a clean install of Windows 10. But all of a sudden, there was no more display and I could not get the unit working again. I have brought it to two shops for repair to no avail. After bringing it to the Asus drop off point, I was told the motherboard has been damaged. The unit has only been used for simple computing work, and the closest to gaming I had done is three match games. The laptop is only three years old. Is this the Asus Quality--laptop lasting for three years only. I thought it was a respectable brand. All of a sudden I am beginning to miss Toshiba laptops that have lasted for ten years.

Solution
It's simply bad luck but also partially caused by the competitive need to cut prices. Another poster might say the reverse if their Toshiba has gone down.

My luck will run out one day but at the moment, I'm writing this on a twelve year old Asus eeePC netbook running Kali Linux which doesn't strain the "heart" of the machine as much as Windows.

On the bright side, your data will be intact and the hard disk can become an external backup disk for your new system.
It's simply bad luck but also partially caused by the competitive need to cut prices. Another poster might say the reverse if their Toshiba has gone down.

My luck will run out one day but at the moment, I'm writing this on a twelve year old Asus eeePC netbook running Kali Linux which doesn't strain the "heart" of the machine as much as Windows.

On the bright side, your data will be intact and the hard disk can become an external backup disk for your new system.

Solution