Asus Laptop Battery Issues

Pawketz

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I have an ASUS G51VX laptop where the battery will not charge. If i unplug the AC power supply the computer immediately shuts off. I have 2 batteries for the laptop (One that sits at 4% , the other sitting at 28%) When either are plugged into the laptop the battery charge meter looks like it is charging for about 20 seconds or so then stops. It says plugged in and charging ... but it isn't. I purchased these 2 batteries because the laptop started doing this with the original battery about 6 months ago. The 4% battery never did take a charge and the second one did ... and seemed fine, but now it is not working either.

I have tried re-installing the ACPI battery control in the device manager, updated the BIOS, and unplugged the battery and plugged it back in many many times.

Any ideas?

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
With a laptop that old, there could be a lot of things causing the issue; so there's lots of different things that need to be tested. I would take it to a local repair shop so they can check out the hardware for you. It's not very likely, but it it could be quite possible that you have 2 bad batteries too.

Pawketz

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Changed out the CMOS battery .... didn't fix the problem. I doubt it is three dead batteries, but then you never know. I'm leaning towards the faulty charging circuit diagnosis, but i don't know if their is anything i can do to fix that problem.

Anybody ever changed one out and can let me know if it's worth trying to fix?

Pawketz

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
OKay ... new development now. The CMOS battery that i ordered and replaced the old one with would not hold the time/date for the laptop and the computer would go straight to boot ... i would have to press F1 to get it to load. Also, new symptom ... When i turn on my laptop it will "start" ..aka: I hear the fan spin, the hard drive wir ...etc .. but the computer will not start (and the screen stays black) UNTILL i unplug the battery and plug it back in again ... then it will load properly

Do i need a technician or a priest for an exorcism?