Asus laptop black screens after boot using USB

abergbenjamin

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hello

At my school every student do their tests on their own laptops using the schools own operating system that is located on a USB. You are supposed to plug in the USB, and boot up using it. I recently bought a new computer, Asus ROG GL552VW - CN214T and when I try to boot up using the USB either the USB shows up as a USB with two partitions, Partition 1 and 2 or it shoes up as "Removable Disk" or something like that. When it shows up as the last one mentioned, the laptop goes into a black screen shortly after I choose that one as boot option and after some minutes it logs me automatically back into Windows 10. When booting from the partitions it goes into a black screen as well and you have to shut it down with the power off button.

I have USB booting enabled in BIOS but still doesn't work. Any suggestions on this? I really need an answer since we will have to be able to boot our PCs using the schools USB in just a couple of weeks. :(

System information:

Windows 10 64-bit
Intel core i5 6300HQ
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M
8gb ram
1tb HDD

Best regards, Benjamin

abergbenjamin

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Already tried 4 different ones. Found out CSM was diabled in BIOS, haven't tried since I enabled it.

abergbenjamin

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Tried a couple of times now, didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do and in one week the tests start. I'm screwed.

abergbenjamin

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Like the USB as first boot option in BIOS? I haven't but I'll make sure to try it if that could be it.

abergbenjamin

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

Okay, got it to work today :D I'm so happy and so much stress off my shoulders. When the OS launched there was 6 different versions of it and apparently I had to use the last on the list. Seems like that's the only one that works with my laptop. Now I'm embarrassed I started this thread and all I had to do was to try all the different versions out lol. Thanks for your time and interest overall @webworkings.

Best regards, Benjamin