Solved! Asus Laptop Consideration

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I'm thinking of getting an Asus Laptop-N552 VX-US51t. Not many reviews on it that I can find. Seems for that part not many reviews on any Asus laptops. But I know they are supposed to be good. It has 15.6 touchscreen, i5 6300HQ and 950M graphics card, clear backlight. I don't want red backlight. It does have 3840 by 2160 screen resolution for some reason but I think it can be turned down. Anyone have one of these or have any thought good or bad about it?

Solution
The n series is a good laptop for people that want laptop that is a good multimedia device. The one I have was able to do the normal things like surfing the web. It was also able to play games, handle 3d programs, handle image and video editing, handle programming. The laptop still runs. I had to take out the battery after 2 years as it was dead and the fans are not as good as it used to be.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

From my personal experience from value asus notebooks/gaming laptops, they are really heavy.

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I was mainly going to use it just sitting on my desk next to my desktop for work and not take it out with me much. I think the battery life is pretty short too. I have read on the few reviews I have found that said it is heavy and bulky. Your right I think it is around 5 1/2 +- lbs. It just sounds like a good all around good solid laptop with lots of power if needed.

The n series is a good laptop for people that want laptop that is a good multimedia device. The one I have was able to do the normal things like surfing the web. It was also able to play games, handle 3d programs, handle image and video editing, handle programming. The laptop still runs. I had to take out the battery after 2 years as it was dead and the fans are not as good as it used to be.

Solution

caseisih99OL

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I know the Asus laptops are good. This one with this processor and graphics card should be able to do about anything I would think. Just wondering if anyone has this particular laptop. Hardly any reviews on it anywhere. The resolution is very high on the screen. Some things I've heard don't look good on it. I assume the resolution can be turned down and things look ok.