Solved! Asus Laptop CPU fan going wild

Jun 19, 2019
Hi.
I've been dealing with an issue that's been driving insane.
The fans on my laptop are always at full throttle as soon as I turn on the laptop. This issue has persisted for about 3 weeks now. I purchased the laptop (ROG SCAR II) roughly 3 months ago.
Everything is up-to-date, from BIOS , GPU drivers, Win10, Asus, etc. Every single driver is up-to-date and the system is running smoothly, and I've even recently cleaned up the fans. And yet it's absolutely incredible how the fans are constantly loud.
I'm not running any demanding tasks and I've performed a clean install of the OS a few days ago. It's not a thermal issue since the fans start going nuts after the laptop had been completely idle for hours. Nothing works. Speedfan doesn't detect the fans. Nothing works.
The only partial solution I've found is to run a reasonably demanding video game for a few minutes until the GPU fans kick in and then let it cool off and not turn it off. And lately, not even this is working.
Sometimes I'm able to adjust the fan settings but they'll go nuts after a few minutes.
At this point, I have no clue if I'm dealing with a software or hardware issue.
Thanks for reading, and my apologies if this sounds like a rant, but I'm incredibly frustrated because I cannot find a way to solve this issue.

Solution
If it is new, contact the manufacturer as it should be under warranty. No new device should give you any problems.

If it isn't new, purchased used, then I would suggest replacing the fans. They may just be going bad.