Asus Laptop disconnects and freezes randomly

zo4ever95

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I have this problem with my Asus laptop running windows 10: sometimes (pretty often in the last days) while I am using internet the laptop freezes for a few seconds or completely (in this second case the only thing I can do is turn it off with the on/off button). When it freezes just for some seconds afterwards the wifi connection disappears, so I assume that it is somehow the problem even when it freezes completely. The laptop started having this issue almost one year ago, but after doing that for some months it quitted and now it has been freezing again for one week now.
If can help, I moved one year ago, then I came back to my hometown for some months and then I moved again to another place a couple of weeks ago. Therefore it seems that the problem is also related to this.
Do you have any answer to the question: what is the problem? Thank you in advance

zo4ever95

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

I tried to scan it but no virus founded. And the laptop was connected with an ethernet cable while doing the scanning; after that I disconnected it and while coming back to the wireless connection it got frozen again.

Apr 15, 2018
I have the exact same problem as you. I also tried rebooting my computer completely, but the problem was still there. I tried an sfc/scan in safe mode as suggested by an ASUS tech. I think that's a weird coincidence that we both got random freezes and also the wifi issue at the same time.... there must be something. If you find anything please let me know, I'm waiting to finish my semester before sending it to a tech.

Good luck !!

zo4ever95

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

I haven't found a solution yet, even though now the problem seems gone (temporarly, I assume).
Btw I sent it to Asus like 6 months ago and they couldn't fix the issue. If it happens again I will probably send it again before the warranty expires, so maybe in that case I will know something more :)

Levente

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

My asus laptop started doing the same thing.It either freezes completely or disconnects the wifi. I can't seem to find a solution.

Jan 17, 2019

It seems like we all have the same problem. I still have it till now. Please let me know if someone already fix this issue.