ASUS Laptop stuck in bootup loop after hard reset.

robbdale

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Hi everyone, really hope I can get some help with this.

I have an ASUS laptop (forgot the model number but I can find it later, it starts with a K i think and has windows 10). I did a hard reset 2 days ago and when it came back on everything was fine but there was no sound. After trying to re-install drives and all this I decided to try another reset.

During the reset, an error message (about windows update i think) showed near the end and then the laptop reset itself. Now, when i turn the laptop on, it will come up with the loading circle, go black and then say "Preparing" then it will flash blue with writing saying something like 68% done for windows update and then reset itself. It is stuck in this loop.

Any suggestions for what I can do?

I have tried going into BIOS but i am lost completely, I have no idea what the F keys do as nothing happens when I press any of them (do i just press the f key or do i press ALT as well or another key?)

I may try removing the battery but i would have to unscrew the back off the laptop and, as you might have guessed, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution